Monday, March 8, 2010

Swap Time Part II: The Pillow Talk!

I finally finished my pillow for the second round of The Pillow Talk Swap - leave it to me to wait until the last minute - and it is off to it's new home far, far away (hint, hint). I really fell for some of the other Anthropologie knock offs I've seen and then after visiting my local store and seeing it in person (along with the $88 price tag!) I knew I had to try it out. I had been itching to get to know applique a bit better too. Sorry that my partner had to be the guinea pig but I think it turned out pretty well.




I actually started this at the very beginning of swap time but it just took awhile with all the fussy applique. But what a great way to use up favorite scraps! The binding is one of my favorite Good Folks prints that I attached just as one would a quilt, and enclosed with a zipper. 


Just a little patchwork strip for the back and it's done.

I sure hope my partner loves it. It looks great on my sofa next to the Good Folks quilt;) I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new pillow soon!

3 comments:

  1. Geez! I'd love to join one of these swaps some time so I could get something like that pillow in the mail. Really, it's beautiful and it has so many of the fabrics that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing! Love the zipper with the quilt binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, seriously well done!! I need to join a swap too!

    ReplyDelete