Sunday, May 30, 2010

I couldn't resist........


Once I got a taste of Liberty loveliness with a big project in mind I just couldn't stop! The above photo is yardage from the UK shop Shaukat (which, by the way, shipped in just one and a half weeks from London to Seattle). I justified this purchase by telling myself there will be plenty left over to back and bind the quilt and hopefully enough for future uses or a patchwork dress for Lucia.

And here are some smaller pieces that also showed up last week, along with some charms from another bloggy friend. Thanks Chris! This is all almost to pretty to cut up, but it will be in the form of hexies along with the rest of my Liberty as soon as I can find some time.


And these are finished bee blocks for Rachel in the Bee-autiful Bee. Rachel cut into her delicious Munki Munki stash and sent each of us some coordinating fabrics with a "Munki in the Middle" theme. This quilt is going to be awesome. My bee month is August and I am pretty sure already what pattern and fabrics I'm going with. More on that later.


I am spending the weekend ripping out some quilting I was unhappy with on my Drunken Bohemian and contemplating trying out some hand quilting for the first time. I'm checking out some great tutorials from Aneela at comfortstitching and another from Anna Maria Horner. The New Wave Bohemian is enjoying it's first spin in the wash right now and getting ready to go to it's new home - but not before I get to snap it's picture! 
I hope you all have a nice extra day to your weekend and find some relaxing stitchy time. Happy Memorial Day!

5 comments:

  1. i'm glad that you like your charms!! I love all the prints you ordered, I think I may have to get a few of those prints for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What a collection of prints! And hope you find the perfect quilting idea for your quilt - I'm sure it will be amazing whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics and I love those blocks!! Lucky Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I just love that Liberty of London fabric! I started collecting a few pieces a couple weeks ago, too. It might take me a while to build up my stash enough to make a quilt, though!
    Chanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, quite the Liberty collection! Can't wait to see what you do with it! And I LOVE my blocks! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete