Thursday, April 12, 2012

is it april already?


Wow! I really didn't mean to stay away for so long but life seems to have just gotten away from me lately. Lucy and Olivia have been keeping me busier than ever. This week has been particularly rough with two doctor visits in two days - Lucy came down with a flu and we had to take her to urgent care when her fever spiked at 104.5! Scary stuff! Then yesterday I was picking up Liv when her little fingernail scraped right across my eyeball, tearing off 20% of my cornea. Needless to say, it hurt - a lot. I'm happy to report that we're all on the mend now, although I still look scary enough to avoid the public for a few more days.

I've been knitting a lot lately, and my current love is this WIP. The pattern is called Audrey in Unst by Gundrun Johnston. Just a little more of the back and the sleeves to go! This yarn is a sportweight merino/cashmere blend in the color Jade by madelinetosh. I've had it in my stash for a year and I'm so glad to finally be knitting it up.


So you may have noticed my blog has a new look! What do you think? I absolutely LOVE my new header, which was designed for me by the talented Miss Kayanna Nelson of Junecraft! Kayanna whipped this up for me and it's almost as though she could read my mind by coming up with this, since I couldn't really do a very good job articulating it myself. I highly recommend her services if you're also looking for a little blog face lift. And did you know she also has her first fabric line coming out with Cloud 9?  How cute is that?

Hopefully I'll see you all soon - I've got a few things to show you that I've been too lazy to blog about and I'm plotting a fun giveaway soon too :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I hope you and Lucy feel better soon! At least it's an excuse to rest and knit, your project looks beautiful!

    Your new header is so cute! I love Kayanna's work, she did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, hope you all continue to improve uneventfully. Gorgeous green yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new header looks fab! Hope your eye is.ok - ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a rough trot recently! Hope things get better from here!

    Love the new blog look and I'm loving the green of that yarn - luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the new blog header, Megan! It is so perfectly you :)

    Hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm.... I love your knitting and the new look! That green will be perfect for spring. :) I hope you and your girls are feeling better soon. I know, I can't believe it's April already, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness you've had a rough week! Here's to healing and knitting through it! That sweater and yarn is absolutely amazing!! I've had that sweater in my favorites for such a long time, I love all of Gundrun's patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header looks cute although the hexies always made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new header is gorgeous! Your knitting is amazing - really inspirational! Hope you're all feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad everyone is feeling better, now! I'm loving the green, and I'm excited to see you making progress on Audrey. I've been wanting to knit this one for ages!

    ReplyDelete